This is a Dev Kit 32 version of SparkBox. SparkBox is another BT pedal for the Positive Grid Spark 40. I only needed the functionality of the simpler BT pedals. However many of them use captured hex chunks to communicate with the Spark, or were Python based. Instead I wanted to use Paul Hamshere's amazing code to create and process real messages. Also I wanted to extend the functionality a bit and make a pretty UI.
- Expression pedal input on D34 for altering the current parameter or on/off switch
- Uses BLE so that it can be used with music function of the Spark app
- Allows connection of the app for full simultaneous control
- Switch presets either on footswitch, app or Spark to update display
- Switch on and off all four major effects dynamically
- Graphically display the effect state on the display
- Supports 4-button pedals
- Hold down any switch for 1s to switch between Effect mode and Preset mode
- Battery level indicator on UI
- BLE RSSI inidcator
Arduino libraries and board versions
Under Files->Preferences->Additional Boards Manager URLs, enter the following:
Under Tools->Board->Board manager ensure that you have the following version:
- ESP32 by Espressif 1.0.4 (SparkBox - ESP32 Dev Module)
Under Tools->Manage Libraries nsure that you have the following libraries and versions:
- ThingPulse SSD1306 driver 4.2.1 (SparkBox)
- NimBLE=Arduino 1.3.1
Uncomment ONE battery option to match your hardware.
You have no mods to monitor the battery, so it will show empty (default).
You are monitoring the battery via a 2:1 10k/10k resistive divider to GPIO23. You can see an accurate representation of the remaining battery charge and a kinda-sorta indicator of when the battery is charging. Maybe.
You have the battery monitor mod described above AND you have a connection between the CHRG pin of the charger chip and GPIO 33. Go you! Now you have a guaranteed charge indicator too.
Expression pedal define. Comment this out if you DO NOT have the expression pedal mod.
More information on the Sparkbox GitHub page