Well, it seems like Positive Grid has decided to fully embrace its 10th Anniversary and keeping the pace on announcing new cool stuff for the Spark and its users!
They just posted a picture on social networks of a footswitch labelled Spark Control and branded Positive Grid.
This has been requested endlessly by Spark owners and it seems that PG has decided to please for the end of the year!
For now, there’s no details available beside the name of the footswitch we can see on the picture and the fact that there will be only 4 switches (where competitor footswitch Airstep from Xsonic provides 5 of them).
With a closer look, we can see an obvious ressemblance to the AirTurn BT200S-4 Controller. This proves the rumors were true because not so long ago, Arron Daniels, a Spark user, posted a video, announcing a partnership between Positive Grid and Airturn:
When looking at what can the Airturn footswitch do, the list of feature is impressive:
- Cue audio, lighting, and effects
- Start and stop backing tracks and metronomes
- Send MIDI commands and custom DAW keys
- Turn pages, read music, scroll lyrics and tabs
- Capture video, photos, and more!
Featuring a durable stompbox design and complete with quiet steel switches, the AirTurn BT200S-4 easily integrates into a pedal board setup and is powered by a rechargeable battery or optional 9v power supply.
- Endless Apps: Hundreds of compatible apps for turning pages, teleprompting, reading music, scrolling lyrics and tabs, triggering backing tracks and effects, sending MIDI commands, cueing audio and lighting, capturing photo and video, plus so much more!
- App Control: Seven built-in modes store switch commands that work with hundreds of apps including those supported with AirDirect.
- Customize: Create commands for almost any app that responds to keystrokes, macros, mouse clicks, or MIDI with the free AirTurn Manager. Adjust features such as Auto-Repeat, Idle Time, Low Power or Fast Response Mode, and Debounce. Select switch types such as Momentary, Latching, Pulse, or Command.
- Updates: AirTurn Manager supports Over-the-Air updates to firmware for the latest features.
- Quiet-Tactile: Steel switches deliver responsive feel with little sound.
- Durable: Molded case made from a nearly indestructible polymer blend doesn’t interfere with the radio signal and still holds up to road wear.
- Versatile: Pedal board compatible with optional 9v supply.
- Max Range: At 150+ feet, AirTurn leads the industry’s operating range.
- Max Battery Life: Rechargeable battery provides 150-200 hours of play time with a single charge, displays status indicators, and automatically turns off when the host device is turned off.
- Status Indicators: Bluetooth status LED. Low battery status LED.
- Pairing Options: Choose open pairing for instant connections when switching between devices. Choose closed pairing to store a single connection and prevent unintended connection to other devices.
- Multiple Devices: Connect up to eight AirTurn devices for more switch options.
- Compatibility: Works with devices that have Bluetooth 4 or higher
Please note that the above list is about the Airturn B200S-4 functionnalities and it doesn’t represent what will be packed in the Spark Control.
The price of the Airturn is $109. This should give you an idea of what will cost the Spark controller.
The big question is… Will it be available for Christmas ?!!
As soon as I know more, i’ll post details here!