Note: This article has been updated with lastest available information on May 22nd, 2023 at 01:48 pm
Please follow the steps below to perform the Spark GO firmware update:
- Backup your custom presets to the ToneCloud, Spark App or your Dropbox account before you proceed with the firmware update.
- Make sure the Spark GO is not connected to any other devices via Bluetooth.
- Download the Spark GO Firmware updater to your computer
Download Spark GO Firmware Updater v188.8.131.52 for Windows.
Download Spark MINI Firmware Updater v184.108.40.206 for Mac.
- Launch the Spark GO Firmware Updater.bat (For Windows users, please right click on the updater, and select “run as Administrator”. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING IN THE BIN FOLDER.
- Connect Spark GO to your computer with the supplied USB cable .
- Power on Spark GO and click ‘OK, Go Next’.
- The firmware updater will detect if the update is available. Click the red ‘Update Firmware’ button to start the update process.
*DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE OR TURN OFF YOUR SPARK GO/COMPUTER WHILE UPDATING*
- The firmware update is complete when you see the ‘Firmware Updated’ message. Click ‘Done’ and Spark GO will turn off automatically.
My computer recognises this Software as a virus. I wouldn´t like to disconnect my protection. Any idea?
These are the official updater tools from Positive Grid. You won’t have any other options I fear.
I received my Spark GO today. I installed the mobile app and it told me immediately to install the new firmware. I’m trying to do that but the updater app says an error has occured after getting to 2%. This means the guitar amp is unusable on Day 1 – pretty disappointing!
It happened to me also on my PC. A few people report the same issues.
You need to try several time by respecting all the procedure step by step.
Positive Grid recommends to try these:
-Try to reinstall the firmware, click on the “Eject” button at the end of the procedure and unplug the USB cable.
-Try another USB port, then run the firmware updater again. Note: please do not use a USB Hub.
-Try unplugging and replugging the Spark USB cable.
-Make sure to run the firmware updater as the system administrator.
-Try another computer
I tried on a Mac and it worked fine.
If after all these, you still can install the firmware, shoot a support request to Positive Grid
Same for me.
I’m working with a Mac.
Horrific experience. And this is my third Positive Grid Spark Amp. Really disappointed!
Just filed a ticket, as I had the same problem and now it’s not even showing a charging indicator or turning on.
For all windows users. Make sure you run the “Run Spark GO Firmware Updater.bat” file located in the “Spark GO Firmware Updater” folder as Administrator and NOT the “exe” in the Bin folder. Admin people please try your software on Windows systems.
Had a hard time finding the Go Updater to download. The link should be made more obvious.