Positive Grid Fishboy Amp is available under the Acoustic amp group and is inspired by the Fishman Acoustic Amp.
|Headquarters||3 Riverside Dr, Andover, MA 01810-1122, United States|
Number of locations
Fishman (established 1981) is an American company based in Andover, Massachusetts known for making guitar pickups and other products involved in the amplification of acoustic guitars and other stringed instruments.
In 1980 Larry Fishman made a prototype acoustic pickup in his basement, and by 1981 he had taken orders for pickups from the Guild Guitar Company. In 1982 the C.F. Martin Guitar Company ordered Fishman pickups; to accommodate it, Fishman and his company rented a larger manufacturing space, and began designing and making pickups for banjos, mandolins, violins, cellos and basses as well.
The company has also produced amplifiers and other guitar-related equipment since its beginning in 1981. They have been particularly known for producing high-quality acoustic amplifiers.
In 2012 the company began working on a new pickup for guitars that used circuit boards, enabling it to be programmed. Most guitar pickups are made with wire coiled around a magnet. The Fluence was a solid-core pickup with a conventional magnet and two 48-layer circuit boards—a completely new approach, using techniques previously used in the aerospace and telecommunications sectors. Fishman hired Ching-Yu Lin, Ph.D. to analyze and charge the magnets used in their pickups. The company was able to control the consistency of the magnets and the stacked solid core to make each pickup consistent. They began manufacturing the new product in 2014.
Fishman continues to design and make pickups for guitar makers, including Paul Reed Smith guitars. They have designed an acoustic guitar pickup for the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. ESP Guitars sells guitars incorporating Fishman Fluence pickups. Gibson installs Fishman pickups in its G-45 Series acoustic guitars. in 2019 Ibanez Guitars began selling a guitar model with Fishman pickups. Reverend Guitars and Schecter guitars sell guitars with Fishman Fluence pickups, and Caparison has begun installing Fishman pickups in their Dellinger basses.
- Guitar pickup system (pickup + preamp + cable + endpin output including USB port)
- Acoustic guitar soundhole pickup
- Guitar bridge
- ToneDEQ Preamp
- Effects pedals
- Acoustic guitar amplifiers
- Performance audio systems
- ^ "All Fishman Products". fishman.com. Fishman. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ "Fishman - Inspired Performance Technology". Fishman. Fishman. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- ^ "The best acoustic guitar amps for buskers and gigging guitarists". musicradar.com. Music Radar. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- ^ a b Formosa, Dan. "Unwound: Fishman Rethinks the Electric Guitar Pickup". Premierguitar.com. Premier Guitar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Jancer, Matt. "Redesigned Pickups Give Your Guitar Multiple Personalities". Popsci.com. Popular Science. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ a b "How Fishman shook up the pickup world with Fluence". Musicradar.com. Music radar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ "IF YOU'RE A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY (AND A LITTLE BIT ROCK AND ROLL)". rollingstone.com. Rolling Stone Magazine. Archived from the original on December 4, 2019. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Leung, Ambrose. "Fender Debuts Innovative Acoustasonic Telecaster Guitar". Hyperbeast.com. Hyperbeast Ltd. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Horsley, Jonathan (27 September 2019). "Fender releases the Acoustasonic Telecaster with very exotic ziricote top". Music Radar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ "ESP Guitars Unveils First Batch of 2020 Models". Premierguitar.com. Premier Guitar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Bienstock, Richard. "Gibson Unveils New G-45 Series Acoustic Collection". Guitarworld.com. Premier Guitar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ "Ibanez Announces its 2019 Lineup". Reverb. 2 January 2019. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Bienstock, Richard (29 January 2019). "Reverend Guitars Unveils Two New Artist Models". Reverend. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ "NAMM 2018: Schecter unveils 19 new electric guitars". Musicradar.com. Music Radar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ "NEW 2019 CAPARISON DELLINGER-BASS". guitargirlmag.com. Guitar Girl Magazine. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Madsen, Pete. "Video Review: Skysonic's Pro-1 Acoustic Guitar Pickup System Offers Flexibility & Tonal Variation". acousticguitar.com. Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- ^ "Top 8 Pedals That Will Enhance Your Acoustic Guitar Tone". ultimate-guitar.com. Ultimate Guitar. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- ^ Drozdowski, Ted. "NAMM '18 - Fishman Loudbox Mini Charge". Premierguitar.com. Premier Guitar. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
Leave A Comment?